Any day now I’m going to get around to taking pictures of the nursery and various crafty projects I’ve finished in the last week of waiting. Any. Day.
In the meantime, I thought we could do a contest about this kiddo o’ mine and when you all think he’ll make his appearance. So, you comment with a date and time and the person who is closest gets… something.
Here’s where it gets weird, because this is me and I am: you get to decide what your prize is and in exchange you’ll understand if it takes me a little while to get it out to you because of the whole kid arriving thing and all.
If you’re interested in kid stuff, you can choose from a quilted bib (boy, girl, or neutral), pack of cloth wipes (boy, girl, or neutral), bunting (boy, girl, or neutral), car seat throw (more on this soon, but like a lightweight blanket to put between the slick car seat and your kid during the hot months), or something else you can suggest and I have the right to veto until we come to agreement. Ha! Oh, you can also choose my copy of Baby Bargains from this year and/ or a whole pile of baby-related books.
If you’re not into kid stuff, you can choose from a coffee/ cup cozy (quilted or knitted) or something else you can suggest and I have the right to veto until we come to agreement. (Sorry, I tended to make kid gifts even before having my own.)
So, easy peasy: leave a comment with the date and time you think the kid’ll arrive. If you win, I’ll email you and then we can figure out what you’re getting for being brilliantly psychic.
- I’m due August 1.
- My cycle is (was!) longer than 28 days, generally 30-32.
- I had an ultrasound early in first trimester (week six) and have been consistently on track with an 8/1 due date throughout my pregnancy.
- The kid dropped two weeks ago, I thought, but then last night he really dropped and is now cantilevered off my lady parts, or so it feels.
- I’m having very regular Braxton-Hicks contractions, but have had them since week 28-ish, so only the frequency seems to be increasing.
- As of Tuesday, I was 70% effaced, not dilated at all, kid at -1 station.
- Though I am sewing and cleaning and organizing, it’s not so much that I feel like I want to but rather than there’s this looming sense of doom, so I don’t count that as “nesting.”